As I write this post we've got 20 days, 10 hours, and a few minutes until the first day of the 2016-2017 school year. We've got important updates to share very soon about parent and Peer (student) orientation. While we finalize, here are some useful things to know:
- School supplies: the only items you'll need are a notebook, a pen or pencil, and a pair of headphones or earbuds. Really, that's it! Some other things you may want to bring include Expo markers, a bagged lunch, and a backpack to hold your things (we don't have lockers).
- Signing up for classes: our dedicated team of Counselors will sit down with you one-on-one to make a graduation plan. More information is coming soon. Don't sweat it if your district school has contacted you saying they'll see you in the fall. As long as you completed your registration in SchoolMint we're expecting to see you on August 15th.
- Catapult Camps are this week: These camps are for returning Peers who wish to further or plan for their projects of impact.
- We still have spots open for rising 9th and 10th graders: now's the time to share your excitement about NEXT High School with your friends and their parents. Enrollment is free, fast, and easy. We are here to answer questions by email and phone M - F from 9-3PM.
Check back soon for updates on finding carpool opportunities, packet pickup, and finalized dates and times for orientation. We're so excited you're joining us on this adventure!
- Rose, Chief Support Officer